JERSEY CITY, N.J., May 25, 2021 / PRNewswire / – BlockFi, a financial services company dedicated to building a bridge between cryptocurrencies and traditional finance and wealth management products, today announced updated benefits and changes to the BlockFi Rewards Visa® Signature Credit Card, which will give cardholders 1.5% in Refund Bitcoin Visa is accepted on every purchase they make anywhere. The latest updates are designed to improve the cardholder experience even further.
First and foremost, BlockFi has decided to remove the annual fee for the BlockFi Rewards Visa® Signature credit card. In addition, there are no fees for international transactions, so travelers can also use their card abroad.
BlockFi is also increasing the adoption rate for cardholders. Customers who are approved for the card will receive a Bitcoin Reward Rate of 3.5% for the first 90 days (1). In addition, there will be a new tier of rewards: cardholders will receive 2% back in Bitcoin on every dollar spent $ 50,000 yearly. Applicants can see if they have been pre-approved without compromising their creditworthiness before applying.
Cardholders can also receive a variety of other bonuses and earning opportunities including:
- Stablecoin Bonus – Cardholders with stablecoin assets such as GUSD, PAX or USDC on a BlockFi Interest Account (BIA) can earn up to 2% APY in addition to the prevailing stablecoin APY. In the first year of card membership, the stablecoin bonus is awarded based on the cardholder's average daily stablecoin balance. *
- Trading bonus – The BlockFi credit card makes trading with BlockFi even more rewarding. Cardholders who trade cryptocurrencies on the platform will get 0.25% of their trading volume back in Bitcoin, up to a maximum $ 500 in BTC every month. Trade more, earn more bonus Bitcoin – it's that simple.
Note: Trading from stablecoin to stablecoin is excluded from this bonus.
- Referral Bonus – Cardholders who successfully refer to BlockFi receive an additional charge $ 30 in Bitcoin for each friend they refer to, in addition to the basic referral program. With this bonus customers can earn $ 40 in Bitcoin for each of your first four referrals and up to $ 50 in Bitcoin for every transfer thereafter. Best of all, there is no limit to how many referrals customers can make and how much Bitcoin referral bonuses they can earn.
"Our new credit card will be a huge disruptive factor in the crypto industry, making it easier and more convenient than ever for anyone to earn Bitcoin while engaging in everyday transactions," he said Zac Prince, Founder and CEO of BlockFi. "And thanks to our partnership with Visa®, customers benefit from the advantages of a product that can be used worldwide."
In addition to the rewards offered by BlockFi, cardholders receive a number of Visa® Signature benefits, including:
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver – Cardholders receive auto rental coverage for physical damage, vandalism, theft, reasonable towing, and more.
- Travel and Emergency Services – Cardholders are connected to the right resources to resolve a wide variety of travel emergencies.
- Concierge cardholders can get help researching and booking trips, reserving restaurants, finding event tickets, and even shopping.
- Luxury Hotel Collection – Cardholders receive the best possible price guarantee, an automatic room upgrade upon arrival (if available), VIP guest status and much more.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Cardholders can also take advantage of rental car discounts, golf benefits, dining and wine programs, and much more.
Anyone interested in this exciting new product can sign up for the BlockFi Rewards Visa® Signature Card waiting list and claim their place on the list today.
Note: Points are redeemed monthly for cryptocurrency at the current market price, subject to the applicable fees. Conditions apply.
(1) 3.5% is an introductory offer that extends over the first 90 days of card possession from the date of card activation. The introductory offer is limited to $ 100 in Bitcoin, which is roughly the same $ 2,857.15 of spending to earn something extra $ 100 in bitcoin. The increased rate is paid out in the fourth month of card possession.
* Calculated as the arithmetic average of the credits for USDC, GUSD and PAX at 23:59:59 Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) per day.
Media contact for BlockFi:
Ryan Dicovitsky/.Ellie Johnson
Dukas Linden Public Relations
BlockFi is a new generation of financial services companies. Founded in 2017 by Zac Prince and Flori MarquezBlockFi bridges the gap between cryptocurrencies and traditional finance and wealth management products to advance the entire digital asset ecosystem for individual and institutional investors. BlockFi's platform manages more than $ 15 billion in assets and has generated over $ 200 million in the interests of customers. The company headquartered in New Jersey with branches around the globe is expanding its presence in The United States and international.
Nothing contained in this announcement should be construed as a solicitation of an offer to buy or an offer, or a recommendation to buy or sell any security, commodity, investment, or any other transaction. The information provided in this announcement is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would violate any law or regulation. This announcement is not directed to anyone in any jurisdiction where the publication or availability of the announcement is prohibited by that person's nationality, place of residence, or otherwise.
Neither BlockFi nor its affiliates or agents offer legal, tax or accounting advice. You should consult your legal and / or tax advisor before making any financial decision.
Digital currencies are not legal tender, are not supported by the government, and crypto interest accounts are not subject to FDIC or SIPC protection. Learn more at BlockFi.com.
BlockFi Lending LLC NMLS ID # 1737520 | BlockFi Trading LLC NMLS ID # 1873137