CUYAHOGA COUNTY, OH — Cuyahoga County taxpayers owning property will now have an extra week to pay taxes from the first half of 2020 over concerns surrounding the postal service’s ability to deliver tax bills, county officials announced Wednesday.
The deadline to pay first half real estate taxes is now Jan. 28, 2021, according to a news release posted on the county’s website. Tax bills will be mailed to residents the week of January 4, county officials said, but bills may also be viewed online, according to the release.
“We are concerned that the postal service will not deliver real estate tax bills to county residents in a timely manner,” County Treasurer W. Christopher Murray II said in the release on Wednesday. “We are encouraging people to view and pay their tax bill online or through one of our other recommended payment options.”
County officials also announced that residents can also pay their tax bill in the following manner:
- By Mail: Mail a check or money order with the bottom portion of your tax bill to Cuyahoga County Treasurer, P.O. Box 94547, Cleveland, OH 44101-4547
- Online: Pay by e-check or credit/debit card
- Phone (English): 1-800-272-9829
- Phone (Spanish): 1-800-487-4567
- Drop Box: Located at the County Administrative Headquarters (2079 E. 9th St. in Cleveland) Drop your check or money order payment in the box in the right side of the main entrance.
If residents need to pay their tax bill in-person (cash, check, money order, credit and debit card), they may visit the cashier department located on the first floor of the Cuyahoga County administrative headquarters, county officials said. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Residents are warned there is limited occupancy at the county building.
When paying in person, residents must:
- Be screened prior to entering
- Wear a face mask
- Maintain 6′ social distance
If residents are experiencing difficulties, they may contact the county treasurer:
Other services are currently available, including the Easy Pay program that allows advance payments on a monthly or quarterly payment. For more information, residents may refer to the Cuyahoga County Treasurer website.